Thursday, February 11, 2010
Well, it's been a few months since I've really posted any further work on this particular project. Needless to say, I've been experimenting more and more in Blender and less in Poser 6/7, mainly as both versions of Poser seem to hate the outfit I made and using it as dynamic clothing seems to make things worse. So, I've decided to move back to Blender and I'm in the middle of re-rigging Miki 2 for animation and general posing. Not too much of a problem there as setting up bones in Blender is a hell of a lot easier than it is in Poser.
But, my problem seems to step from using clothing physics on the outfit I made. After a couple of tests, it seems that the outfit does using clothing physics in Blender gives much better performance and is easier to manipulate than it ever seemed to be in Poser; but, for whatever reason, it seems that I can't get the outfit to collide and animate against the model I'm using. I'd ask for help here on the forums, but considering the general lack of interest from here, or any other place I post about this project, I honestly doubt I'll get any.
So, in short, more tests and, eventually, I'll call this finished and move on to another project.