Search My Sites

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Small List of Characters

Hey everyone, it's me again, posting another small update on some of my projects over on my side of the globe. Today, as if the title has not already give that away, are a small sampling of characters that are going to be available for play. There's a good chance that most of these characters will change quite a bit through the process, not to mention once I get the overall look for them some things could be tweaked visually as well. Oh yeah, majority of these characters have, at one time, come from a Chinese styled monestary that has yet to be named. I'm still working on it and will update this blog as appropriate. And away we go!

  1. Maya Naress - This is obviously going to be the main character of the group. During and after a brief tutorial, she's playable throughout most of the game. I say this as the plan is to let the other playable characters take her place at certain plot moments where it makes sense to do so. Sadly, she's also the only character that has a preliminary visual mockup available. Not that I hate it or anything, I just believe it needs to be changed before I can actually say "it's her," if you know what I mean. A visual of what I am talking about can be seen here. More details on her backstory, abilities, and etc when finalized or properly typed up.
  2. Salaria Tesmit - This character is the second one to be introduced in the game and will be playable only until after the first dungeon/adventure area. She's also going to be the first candidate to a name change as I just realized that her name rimes with Malaria. lol That and her last name is that of a character from Final Fantasy 8. Sad how things just click when you are reading the lengthly notes you wrote a couple of days ago. Saltes, the nickname I made up for her may be a better alternative and a new last name.
    Besides that, she's to be Maya's close friend and, usually, a walking tome of info, especially in the area of archeology and of things that make no sense to anyone. Also, she's a part-time instructor at the monestary that they both attend, or attended. More on this later.
  3. Sarin Tao Ming - She's to be your semi sterotypical prodigy. I say semi only in the regards that she does not always appear to be that way and for good reason. She is the best friend of the next character, Eneko, since they were children and are often seen together while out adventuring. The plan for them to meet up with Maya is to introduce them while one, or both of them, are in a predictament thanks to Sarin gettin in over her head. Once again, more on this later.
  4. Eneko Matashi - My ninja girl, who has also trained in the way of the monk arts at the same monestary that my three previous characters have. Best friends with Sarin since childhood and her ever frequent adventure companion. She's also to be a bit more careful than Sarin and tries to keep her out of trouble, when possible. Obviously, when Maya meets up with them, things did not end up well. Work in progress...
  5. Radderic "Rad" Yanis - He's techincally the third character to be introduced in the game and only becomes playable after an event or dungeon/adventure area. He's supposed to be a "Jack of all trades, master of some" type of character, but if anything, he's to be more of my mouthpiece on the way RPG's are made and some of the silly, random crap that majority of them force you to do while playing them. For this reason, he is extremely aware of his environment, story/plot elements, and other random things in the game; often to guide the player to a different line of thinking or action, rather than to force a linear approach. Think of him as a walking, talking walkthrough, with a very sarcastic view of things.
Well, that's all I have for the moment; the rest is being cleaned and typed up inbetween other things in my life. If I get a chance, I also plan to draw out the characters on my own, until I can find an artist interested in helping out. This may take a while, but like I said previously, I have plenty of time at the moment.

Oh, and if anyone is waiting on a request or trade via DeviantArt, I am letting you know that I cannot get into my account from home to check my messages. It appears that DA does not like my dial-up connection and until DA fixes it on their end, I'll just post updates here on my blog.

Till my next post, take care!

No comments: